Saturday, September 11, 2010
Matzke Reunion 2010
Friday 9/3/2010
Road trip to Heather and Jeremy's
Today we caravanned with Tammy and Sean, Patrick and Kimberly and two of their dogs, we dragged our two dogs with us as well. It was really funny, at one of the stops Kimberly's dog Clyde peed on Brian’s leg. I got a migraine on the drive too! Tons of fun!
Saturday 9/4/2010
Teke's Baptism and Tava's Blessing
Today we were able to witness the ordinances of little Teke and Tava. Everything was beautiful. The best part was that Teke got to pick the person to say the prayer, and he chose Abeulea, Grandma Gloria, she was crying and could not see too much, it made me smile. We had a luncheon with all of Heather and Jeremy’s family and friends. Then the boys and Kimberly and Beth went shooting. Heather, Tammy and I went to the Wal-Mart. I found some jeans that fit me! But sadly they were too short....but fit everywhere else. no good.
Sunday 9/5/2010
Church and Idaho Falls Temple
Today I went to church without Brian, and with most of his family. It was a beautiful sacrament meeting. Brian was able to bring corn from his garden. We shared this with his family during dinner. He had a few yellow, but mostly red corn....and it was delish! The Idaho Falls Temple was hosting an exhibit from NASA. These are photos that the Hubble Telescope took. They are gorgeous! These photos were put together by some LDS NASA employee’s. Mom took some great pictures of the photos and the corresponding scripture references. I hope she forwards them to me.
Monday 9/6/2010
Attempted Bowling, Bear World, Subway and Dinner at Texas Road House
We tried to go bowing but the power was out! It was a bummer, but mom got 12 free games because of it. We then went to Subway, now that was interesting! The Subway was so small and crowded. And then we spilled into the 15 passenger van that mom rented (it was the CA/AZ trip all over again!) and went to Bear world. It took about 90 min to get from Rexburg to the Bear World, it should have taken probably about 20-40 min to get there. There was so much traffic plus road construction. I slept thru that part. Bear World was pretty neat. We saw all the animals, and the kids went on the 5 rides that were there. Those rides were a little sketchy, but the kids had fun! The gift shop had some super yummy fudge, and they did free samples! YUM! At the end of Bear World Brian was trying to have a little fun with his brother and it did not go well. So we did not attend the museum with the rest of the group. We went back to Heather’s. While we were hanging out with Heather I helped her peel and can some peaches. That was a good learning experience, knowing that it is not hard to do the water bath to seal the jars. I want to continue to learn about canning. We went to Texas Road house for dinner to celebrate Kevin and Beth’s anniversary, yea! Good food + too many leftovers = not enough room in the fridge.
Tuesday 9/7/2010
Walk with Heather, Teke and Tace and Fair
Today I went for a walk at Cress Creek. It was a beautiful hike, longer than I thought it would be, but really fun. It was 1.5 miles long. But it was really great to spend the time with Heather and the two boys. Then we all went to the Eastern Idaho State Fair. That was interesting, I did get try some new things though! I tried a Fried Snickers, and a big Turkey leg. And then at the end Mom bought a funnel cake and we all shared. At the fair I ran into my cousin and his family, Michael Davis. I didn’t even know that he is living in Idaho right now. It was nice to see him.
Wednesday 9/8/2010
Bowling and movie
Today we were able to use the free passes and go bowling. I found out just how good I am. First game I think that I got 48 and the second game I got a 78. So at least I am improved. The kids had such a great time! It was so funny Tace just started crying. We later found out it was because he did not want to use the bridge to roll the ball down, and did not want his dad to help him throw it. It was pretty funny! We went and saw Despicable Me, it was pretty cute!
Thursday 9/9/2010
Yellowstone and Pinochle
Today we went to Yellowstone. It was a cold day; it started raining when we got there. We did get to see old faithful go off, and then we went through the children’s exhibit. We had to take the big van back and had to be back by 6pm today. We were cutting it really close! We pulled in to their lot at 6:01pm. Luckily they are a bit laid back. It was pouring when we were dropping off the car, it got a bit chilly! We had pulled pork sandwiches that were very yummy! Jeremy made a spinach dip for some sliced Veggies. Teke was in charge of clearing the table, and when he got to the spinach dip he was tearing off some plastic wrap and in that process his had went into the dip! He got so upset and ran into the bathroom to clean off his hand. It was so funny! Then we got to play four handed pinochle with Heather and Jeremy. We played boys against the girls and the girls won!
Labels:
bowling,
fair,
family,
heather and jeremy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment